1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Brian

Transfer car HDD

Did we just get sucked back to 2003?
  4. Brian

NetApp Storage Training

Maybe we should sign up
  5. If it were my money I'd not buy anything other than the Samsungs.
  6. Last week
  7. continuum

Replacing HDD with SSD - Does size matter?

Well, a lot more tools can definitely do smaller -> bigger for a clone. Maybe whoever you talked to was not familiar with the other tools.
  8. As you're only using 250 - yes, you can use a 480-512 GB SSD. If your data is growing slowly, then a ~500 will hold you until SSD prices are better.
  9. K ElZobeir

Thanks Continuum. I thought so, but the repair man told me that I need to buy SSD of equal or bigger size than the HDD
  10. IIRC they all have a DRAM cache so buy whatever's cheapest.
  11. continuum

I think EaseUS and some others have products that can do this.
  12. I have 1 TB HDD that contain 250GB of data. I want to replace it with SSD & copy everything (including Windows 10) to the SSD. Can I buy 500GB SSD? ... or it has to be at least the same size as the HDD (1 TB)? Thanks in advance
  13. The 860 EVO is a very solid SSD. I have 10TB of them and no complaints.
  14. I've been running an ASRock Z79M OC Formula with a 256GB Crucial MX100 for about 5 years. The drive is nearly full, and slowing quite a bit. Here are the 5 replacements I am considering... any suggestions? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare?CompareItemList=20%2D301%2D382%2C20%2D173%2D317%2C20%2D156%2D174%2C20%2D147%2D673%2C20%2D250%2D088
  15. Earlier
  16. StarWind offers a hyperconverged alternative to some of the more well-known and mainstream brands in the market. While seeming like a tough market to crack, StarWind is being smart and going after typical pain points. These include a single support point of contact for all their products without the premium costs. StarWind can give their turnkey appliances more flexibility than traditional HCI solutions as well as addressing budget challenges and complexity. StarWind has built in redundancy to help offer high availability and even includes a Veeam integration for backup and recovery. The appliances are also offered in performance (flash), capacity (spinning disks), and a hybrid (best of both worlds). StarWind HyperConverged Appliance Review
  17. The Lenovo ThinkPad P53 is a feat of engineering and design excellence wrapped up in a familiar sleek black Lenovo shell. The ThinkPad P53 isn’t the first laptop we’ve reviewed that features the power of the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 with Intel 9th Gen Xeon and Core CPUs, but it is the first 15 inch form factor laptop we’ve gotten our hands on with this tech packed inside. The spec and build offers enough customization without being excessive, and offers best of class component options, including 9th Gen Intel Core and Xeon processors with up to 8 cores, a NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000, up to 6TB PCIe NVMe SSD storage and 126GB DDR4 memory, and a 15” OLED Touch Display with Dolby Vision HDR. When outfitted with even some of these components, it is an impressive machine. Lenovo ThinkPad P53 Review
  18. Hey Guys, Neil Anderson is giving away a NetApp training course. That will cover the Ontap 9.x version and will also prepare you for the ONTAP Exam. To participate just sign up with your name and email on the link NetApp Training Giveaway from Neil Anderson Don’t forget to confirm the email to enter the giveaway.
  19. continuum

Transfer car HDD

Googling suggests you read in audio CDs one by one and it rips them to some digital format (presumably MP3) and stores on the hard drive.
  20. Brian

Transfer car HDD

Wait, how did it get there in the first place?
  21. Samsung’s new technology stacks 12 DRAM chips in the same 720㎛thickness as their current 8-layer HBM2 products. Achieving this fifty percent increase in density requires more than sixty thousand TSV holes which presents a significant production challenged and Samsung has been understandably cagey about when exactly these new chips will be available for manufacturers to begin including them in their processing chips. The only thing Samsung has told us so far is that they will be able to mass-produce them soon, suggesting that they have not even finalized the production lines yet. Once manufacturers get their hands on them, it shouldn't take long for them to make their way into consumers' hands since they share the same thickness (and presumably other form factor dimension although Samsung didn't say so), as the current generation of HBM2 memory. Samsung Develops 24GB High Bandwidth Memory
  22. The NetApp AFA EF600 is an end-to-end NVMe array aimed at the midrange. The array is only 2U but can pack up to 367TB of capacity in its small frame and quotes performance that would rival much larger enterprise arrays. This includes 2 million IOPS, up to 44GB/s for bandwidth, and latency under 100μs. The array also comes with some built-in futureproofing with the support of 100Gb NVMe over InfiniBand, 100Gb NVMe over RoCE, FCP support, and 32Gb NVMe over FC. Like all NetApp arrays, the EF600 comes with high availability and several built-in data protection capabilities. NetApp AFA EF600 Review
  23. ClearCube has been a going concern for over 20 years and their VDI products have seen widely implementation in governmental and military installations but the C3Pi+ is clearly marketed for a far wider audience. ClearCube C3Pi+ VDI Client Review
  24. Backblaze has previously kept a 30-day version history of customers' backed up files to protect against accidental deletion. This feature is also useful for recovering back to a known good state when a customer makes a change they later decide they want to revert. It's probably this second use case that has been driving the many requests to extend the version history duration Backblaze has been getting. With version 7.0, Backblaze is giving customers the option of extending their version history back either one year or forever, at an increased cost compared to their current and still default behavior. With a charming attention to detail, Backblaze went to some lengths to make sure everyone knows that change will also have a small impact on current workflows. Previously Backblaze presented users with a drop-down menu to select the date to restore from. Since a customer using a forever list would be presented with an unusably long drop-down, they've added a date-picker to help with selecting a range of dates to show restore points between. Backblaze Releases Cloud Backup 7.0
  25. Dynatrace plans for their Digital Business Analytics software module to provide answers about conversions, orders, churn, release validation, and customer segmentation in a single place. Dynatrace likes to break down its modules into four key elements, and they've told us what their planned components are for Digital Business Analytics; transactions, analytics, conversions, and automation. The transactions component is exactly what it sounds like, but the conversions component is a bit more interesting. Dynatrace views conversions as including not just customer conversion rates, but also product revenue breakdowns, geolocation information, and all forms of customer categorizations. Analytics are provided by Dynatrace's AI algorithms. The last component, automation, is composed of Dynatrace's AI developing a baseline of performance for the customer's business and then alerting them when it detects anything outside that baseline. Dynatrace is also planning to provide APIs to allow customers to customize workflows and alert handling. Dynatrace Announces Business Analytics Software
  26. Orico is known for making solid products that work well, and their new hard drive dock station is no exception for light duty usage. The dock allows for an easy expansion of storage as well of a fast way to access information on old hard drives without the need to install the drive. The company quotes a maximum performance of up to 500MB/s that it achieves through its USB-C connection. ORICO 2-Bay Hard Drive Dock Review
  27. continuum

Transfer car HDD

You might be SOL. https://www.piloteers.org/threads/export-music-from-hdd.49097/ Honda uses the same system in several vehicles, might be worth checking around...
  28. Jeremy 27

Transfer car HDD

We are getting ready to sell our Honda Odyssey. We have stored all of our music on the HDD. Some of it is stuff we can't get anywhere else. Is there a way to transfer the data to an external drive so we could enjoy our music elsewhere?
  1. Load more activity