Sign in to follow this  
BradC

most indepth hard drive review ever!

looking at the review - I'd say he just plugged it in and hoped for the best ;)

This morning they've posted another review, the Maxtor 160gb SATA drive gets run through sisoft, winbench 99 and an STR test. Of course they conclude it's a fabulous hard drive

Why does my browser (IE 5.5) lock and crash every time I try to open that page? I never have problems with other sites. Maybe they are doing something evil to my system.

Hmm... not sure, that page seems to work for me. I would say run Windows Update and get IE 6 with the latest patches, but now that my browser locks up after entering the first line of data on any form, I can't recommend that either.

That accursed Windows Update! These patches shall be treated like mercenaries and will be slaughtered! They have entered the quagmire and will not escape alive!

... couldn't resist... I was just visiting the Iraqi Information Minister website :)

Hey BradC, what is wrong with the Review?

It seems no one else on this post has had anything bad to say about it!

thx mann

I think that Brad is trying to point out that it makes no sense to put two 15k.3's in RAID0, if You don't need STR.

Maybe reviews like this will increase market volumes for 15k drives? :wink:

Jan

It's time for IE6 Eric.
Or Mozilla, Opera, Pheonix, etc... Mozilla hasn't crashed on me since the 0.8 betas, whereas IE crashes like it's going out of style. Of course, there are those who have had the exact opposite experience.

If you visited SR yesterday, IE was popping up as many as three error dialog boxes per screen, but Mozilla continued to work perfectly. I've found it to be far less troublesome and have far more useful features (not like the horrible nearest-neighbor indexed-color image resizing that IE6 adds. Man is that feature annoying! [to me]). Of course, Mozilla doesn't display some pages properly, so there's always a tradeoff. </rant>

(not like the horrible nearest-neighbor indexed-color image resizing that IE6 adds. Man is that feature annoying! [to me]).

Then turn it off :)

It's time for IE6 Eric.

Well, I would try it if I could find some easy way to install it. I tried downloading the installer, but then that downloads a number of smaller files and times out ro crashes. Is there a downloadable single file executable available? I don't want to repeae the process for four boot partioins.

BTW, I can't rememeber DB's primary name. :?: All of these altergoeos are sonfusing.

i want to hear what bradc has to say.

thx mann

BradC was saying that the review sucked. They ran 3 horrible benchmarks, and then came to conclusions that were not based on the results.... Sorta like saying "Go Maxtor!!!" or "Go IBM!!!" without looking at their respective qualities in the SR DB or determining the needs of a user.. Conclusions should be based on reliable data, and not from thin air.

BBH

It's time for IE6 Eric.

Well, I would try it if I could find some easy way to install it. I tried downloading the installer, but then that downloads a number of smaller files and times out ro crashes. Is there a downloadable single file executable available? I don't want to repeae the process for four boot partioins.

I forget the command line command that can be used with the web installer, it will allow you to download all the files (for one or many OSs) into a directory from which you can install later.

That site tries to run 4 flash files simultaneously when you access it. Perhaps that's why IE5.5 crashed.

I run Konqueror in Linux and I have flash disabled. I get little popup boxes asking if I want to download the .swf file or cancel. I got 4 popup boxes on that one.