Sign in to follow this  
sprockkets

IBM 8MB 120GB model.

Anyone see the 8MB model 180GXP from newegg? I'm just curious how long it might have been there. It costs a whopping $16 more for the memory and 3 yr warranty that comes with it. Probably the best deal. $141 for the 120GB 8MB version.

Anyone see the 8MB model 180GXP from newegg? I'm just curious how long it might have been there. It costs a whopping $16 more for the memory and 3 yr warranty that comes with it. Probably the best deal.  $141 for the 120GB 8MB version.

I bought 4 of them from Newegg.com on Wednesday Morning and just received the package today. :lol: As far as the cost goes, I think $141.00 shipped is a very good deal that's why I bought 4 of them to try them out eventhough I do not like IBM ( got burnt by 75GXP & 60GXP's very bad! :evil: ) With 8MB Cache and 3 years warranty just like WD JBs :wink: We're at less got another brand to try beside WD JBs and Mator Ultra series with 8MB Cache.

They're a little faster than WD 1200JBs and much quieter. Well, I only installed 2 of the 4 drives right now and very surprise that they're about as fast as the big brother 180GB 180GXP but run a little cooler. I've not bench and compare between the 120GB/8MB & 180GB/8MB But since the smaller one use the same 60GB/Platter that's should get very similar performance. :roll:

In the UK 8MB 120GB 180GXPs seem to be as rare as hens teeth. They disappeared from the market altogether for a while, but seem to be back again now. Only about a tenner more than the 2MB of cache ones too.

Dave