Sign in to follow this  
JAG

Athalon XP on A7V?

I was just wondering if anyone has gotton an Athalon XP to run on an Asus A7V. I have a 1100 in it now and it is beginning to show it's age. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JAG

Oh man, I am so stupid, I mean Athlon. Don't mind my retarded spelling.

JAG

I have an Athlon XP 1800 on an Asus A7V266 motherboard. Have used it for about a year and a half now with no problems...(fingers crossed)

crap no edit function.

I've seen JAGs computer, strangely enough, the processor is identified as an Athlon XP 1700 plus when it POSTs. But, it has a 1.1 Thunderbird in it.

So I guess the question should be can JAG run the FSB @ 133 aned put in a newer Athlon XP?

I have an Athlon XP working in an old A7V.

I think it was one of the early revisions. I had to update the bios, it might have been from some German Asus site that had a beta at the time.

It might be updated now. I think it was 1009, but you are taking me back about a year.

With the right bios, it should work. I had an XP 1700.

-John

I should have mentioned that the XP1700+ I have is a Palomino, not a thoughbred.

Also, I am no longer running that MB. But it DID work at one time for a while. I just had to update the bios. I might have had to tweak the dip switches as well, but I do not remember.

Beyond getting the updated bios, I do not remember anything being that tough.

Now the TBred may be a different story. I know you can still find Palominos around, but you have just as good a chance of getting a TBred if you order one now.

I think I got mine from Newegg, or maybe one if the mail order places out of Indiana (pcnation or something).

-John

I have an Athlon XP working in an old A7V.

I think it was one of the early revisions.  I had to update the bios, it might have been from some German Asus site that had a beta at the time.

My Asus A7V is the first revision. I tried a Duron 1.3 on it and it wouldn't work. My BIOS was only 1007 though. Can you tell me the revision on your board? Thanks man. I really want to buy a new chip this weekend.

A7V 1.01 WOA, current Beta BIOS 1012.01a Have had 2 seperate Morgan cores (DHD1000s) in it. I think I used 1.009 or higher when I first attempted it.