Sign in to follow this  
Guard65

Designing a [b]Entertainment [/b]PC

Building an Entertainment PC and looking for DVD, CDRW, DVD/CDRW, DVR, and DVR/CDRW Drives. I need suggestions on generic brands and name brands drives alike.

I will be using MS XP Media Center Edition O.S.

The DVR/CDRW I have been looking for OEM around $250.00 or less.

DVR-CDRW vs. DVR+CDRW, differance? :oops:

:evil: althought this is totally uncalled for,

I am a company and a member of the BSA. At the end of this month BSA goes totally on-line. If you are not up to code you may be fined upto $150,000.00 per lic. violation.

why are you pointing this out?

xp media center edition can only be bought in a media center pc. you cannot get copies of the software alone legally, unless you are actually building media center pcs en masse for resale. one would think that if you were in this position, you wouldn't be soliciting advice.

You are correct. :D

The version that I am going to be producing is going to be sold out of CompUSA through-out Texas. This is going to be a customizable model. I want the base model to be as inexpensive possible but expandable and non-proprietary.

one would think that if you were in this position, you wouldn't be soliciting advice.

if your oem status is valid, then i extend an honest apology. i trust you understand if i still have reticence about offering advice.

good luck on your project.

About the choices of DVR's on the market?

None the less,

I may be using the Pioneer DVR-A05 (DVD-R/ RW) or the TEAC DV-W50E (DVD-R/ RW) for a DVR. I have direct ship from Pioneer and am in a holding pattern for pricing right now.