Sign in to follow this  
Piyono

Recording Telephone Calls

I've been looking for a way to record phone calls for a while, using either hardware or software.

On the software front, all I've found so far is Call Corder, which doesn't seem to work with any of the modems I have.

In hardware, JK Audio makes several devices that do exactly what I want, but they're quite expensive. Even their most basic model is US$60.

I'm wondering if anyone's been more successful in this endeavor than I've been so far.

As well, I'm interested in building my own handset tap like the JK model I linked to above. I can't imagine it's terribly complicated, but I'd need some schematics, which I can't find on Google.

Piyono

I don't record calls, but there are times I wished I had. If you are looking for cheap, a simple tape recorder or microphone connected to the PC should work, even better if your phone supports speaker mode (or whatever the term is when you can put the reciever down and speak to the phone's base)

If your modem is a vioce modem, it should appear as a wave device in any decent sound recording program such as cool edit - select it from the apps recording source option or from Windows mixer.