Sign in to follow this  
Chandler

Is my drive dying?

I checked it with Datalifeguard for DOS and it says that "Raw read error rate" is exceeded, and i try this program too and it says the same thing...

Is it dying? :cry:

disco.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Wow! Nice progie, but does it really work?! :?

It's look like Your Drives working fine Nothing's wrong with it No warning message to worry about. :idea: I've been using the same tools on all my workstations for a long time now. A Free beta version or a full version with small fees for full feathers control. 8)

It's look like Your Drives working fine Nothing's wrong with it No warning message to worry about.  :idea:  I've been using the same tools on all my workstations for a long time now. A Free beta version or a full version with small fees for full feathers control.  8)

You're right there is no warning, but "Raw read error rate" is exceeded, and WD's diagnostic tool said:

"DRIVE 0 @ PORT 0X01F0 REPORTED A SMART ERROR

WARNING! ONE OR MORE CURRENT OR WORST-CASE ATTRIBUTES ARE BELOW THRESHOLD

THE SYSTEM MUST BE RESET - PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE..."

I have no errors when I'm using the system, but it works slower than usual...

:cry:

How about defrag.? If you don't have any warning and T.E.C is within range, I wouldn't worry about it. When did you start Drive Health? some time it take as long as 2 weeks. You can unlock a few other options with registered and small fees paid.

I checked it with Datalifeguard for DOS and it says that "Raw read error rate" is exceeded, and i try this program too and it says the same thing... 

Is it dying?  :cry:

It's dead, Jim. The nominal SMART value should probably be 100, when it drops to 1 the error rate must be very high indeed. Thus the many dropouts in your HDTach graph. I'd replace the drive ASAP; it should still be in warranty.

lexu8: Yes, I defragged it 2 times this week but it is still working slow...

I started using drive health today... I have like 15 (of 40) Gb free, and i'm running Windows XP Pro. When I ran HD Tach i didn't have anything but the OS running...

sgrossklass: it doesn't have warranty, in the WDC page when i entered the S/N it said:

No Limited Warranty: This indicates that either the Product was originally sold to a system manufacturer or the Product is outside the region (Americas, Europe-Middle East-Africa, or Asia-Pacific) where it was originally shipped.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

there isn't a free (not pirated) copy of hdtach/ntfs floating around there is there?

The license costs U$S 49,90, i don't know if there is a free version, i think not, it's free for Win9x only...