Sign in to follow this  
JA

You've got $2000 to spend (well sort of)

Why WinXP Home??? Anyone in this kind of semi-pro still using XP Home??? Is that what most OEM gives out for free? I wouldn't use it when you can get a full Pro version for $35.00 at Microsoft Store.

Why did I suggest WinXP Home? I chose the current version of Windows that fits within JA's budget. I don't see why you find it necessary to put-down the Home version of WinXP. The typical home user does not need the additional features of the Pro version so it makes no sense for those users to add bloat they will never use. Furthermore, OEMs most certainly do not give it away free! If JA believes he needs the additional features of WinXP Pro, that's his decision, but I do NOT believe for one second that anyone (outside of perhaps MS employees) can buy a LEGAL copy of WinXP Professional for $35. :roll:

So, where have you been or better yet, where are you come from? If you only know or learn to find or Ask befoe you need to post your remark :!: That's beauty of living here in the Great Northwest, I and lots of friends only Pay $35.00 for a REAL thing from the real folk, Microsoft! If you don't believe me, well that tuff stinker! :oops:

Now how much would you like to bet ??? These are "ALL LEGAL FULL VERSION" Sold By Microsoft at Microsoft Store. :idea: I'll take your bet or anyone bet at any amount and will personally show you, take you there to Microsoft Store and buy a copy of "Windows XP Professional for $35.00"

I Posted the Exact Location above! Ask around, someone who know or live near by! I'm sure a few SR's member Live here.

Now, as for the question for " JA" About build his $2k Machine, I don't think JA's an average Joe that use average software. Base on his posts JA's far from being average! Recommended a Home version is not... Well you know the rest.

If you don't know where to buy Windows XP Pro for $35.00, well then ASK! I may just gonna send a free copy if you ONLY ASK and didn't pissed me off by your smart ass remart.! Fools always will be one.

This was going pretty well - for a while. At this point I really don't know whether or not there is any WinXP Pro feature that I need. I will look into that, so I'd appreciate it if some of you would chill-out on that subject. :wink:

My biggest dilemma right now is the choice of a chipset/motherboard. Granite Bay boards are very scarce at this time, so (unfortunately) that probably eliminates them from consideration in order to meet my completion deadline (2/10/03). Since I prefer the stability of Intel chipsets, that pretty much leaves me having to decide between an i845PE board and i850E board. But in either case I would actually prefer an Asus board over an Intel board - just for the sake of gaining a little 'teakability' (although I'm far from a hard-core overclocker). So that narrows it down to the P4PE or P4T533-C, each of which will accommodate at least 1GB of RAM (which I believe is desirable for photo & video editing).

So help me decide... the P4PE (with Corsair XMS PC2700) or the P4T533-C (with Samsung Original PC1066). :?

Thanks again!

JA: I (for one) appologize for allowing myself to drift OT. I will try to just address your dilemma.

I'm sure some of those who've posted here have a strong preference for either DDR or RAMBUS, but I don't even want to fuel that kind of debate. As a heavy Photoshop user, I recognize the importance of lots of RAM. Although the P4T533C has 4-DIMM slots, it is very difficult to find 512MB sticks of PC1066. So that would likely max you out at 1GB of memory (4 x 256MB). On the other hand, while the P4PE has one less memory slot (3), it's easy to buy 512MB sticks of PC2700/PC3200. Therefore, you could achieve 1.5GB, 50% more than with the P4T533C. On top of that, the P4PE comes with built-in Firewire, which is a nice bonus for your immediate needs!

So help me decide... the P4PE (with Corsair XMS PC2700) or the P4T533-C (with Samsung Original PC1066).

This is kind of a wash, IMHO. You do get higher memory bandwith with the P4T, but the real world perfomance gain is neglible.

Either box is great.

Flip a coin.

Again, I'd go with Win2k SP3 if you're using AP 6.0. It's very easy to find for an EXTREME "discount".

BTW - Some of you may be wondering about AP 6.5. Nice sound and titling features, but I've had it crash a bit more. I'll wait for an update, but then again, I usually like to stay just a couple steps behind when it comes to NLES, and YMMV.

- FC

Yuyo, Giggy

No, I do not works directly for Microsoft and No Giggy, I do not want a friends online. Nothing Personal just because I've got waaay too many online friends and customers who usually want something from me. 8)

I Know a lot of SR's member who live here, In Seattle Metro area can tell you that, You Do not have to be Microsoft Employees to Buy From Microsoft Store.

Sure, Microsoft Limit each Empolyee/Family to buy it software for this Price. But I do not buy nearly close to that limit. Why,.. Because All Games only cost $10.00 each. Windows XP Pro. at $35.00, Home at $10.00, If you can find one!(Normally Microsoft won't stock Home Version Since No One I known of using it!)

Yes, Giggy... All Games are at Only $10.00 each. I just pick up a few for my son's 12th birthday. :wink:

As I said, Every body know somebody some where and Believe me, a lot of Microsoft Employees I know Don't even buy ANY Software! So their Limit of Buying Software Each year is Not use.

That's when to ask friends who live and works here to get you Windows XP Pro. for only $35.00. I bought 8 copy for personal use at home and always keep 1 or 2 extra just incase I'll neet it.

No, It's not Bullshit story as some members believed. 8O Thousands or even 10 of thousands who Only know someone or Family/Friends working for Microsoft Bought or Can buy A Full Version WinXP Pro. for $35.00 8)

Not Only that, Microsoft Store Also Carry None Software Like Keyboard, Mouse, Controlers, Jacket,Books,T-Shirt, Gifts etc etc. Microsoft Store Also Sale None Microsoft Brands. :!:

Seriously Though.. Yuyo, Giggy.. As for a copy of WinXP Pro if your guy Needs one really want one, Email me and I can pick up a few more tomorrow or Monday. :arrow: No I do not wants your Money and all These Software and games are not for re-sale by anyone. :|

Why WinXP Home??? Anyone in this kind of semi-pro still using XP Home??? Is that what most OEM gives out for free? I wouldn't use it when you can get a full Pro version for $35.00 at Microsoft Store.

Why did I suggest WinXP Home? I chose the current version of Windows that fits within JA's budget. I don't see why you find it necessary to put-down the Home version of WinXP. The typical home user does not need the additional features of the Pro version so it makes no sense for those users to add bloat they will never use. Furthermore, OEMs most certainly do not give it away free! If JA believes he needs the additional features of WinXP Pro, that's his decision, but I do NOT believe for one second that anyone (outside of perhaps MS employees) can buy a LEGAL copy of WinXP Professional for $35. :roll:

I was able to purchase a fully legit copy of Windows XP pro for $39 plus $8 S&H and I am in no way shape or form an MS employee. It was a limited time offer, but it does happen. Always keep an eye on www.bensbargains.net for XP deals. I bought it right online and so did a number of other people who I let sign up to my "pretend" business. It took a little work to fill out their forms, but I have a copy in my hands, and if you are still in disbelief, I can post an image of it. (Very unique packaging)

So help me decide... the P4PE (with Corsair XMS PC2700) or the P4T533-C (with Samsung Original PC1066).

This is kind of a wash, IMHO. You do get higher memory bandwith with the P4T, but the real world perfomance gain is neglible.

Either box is great.

Flip a coin.

Again, I'd go with Win2k SP3 if you're using AP 6.0. It's very easy to find for an EXTREME "discount".

- FC

I would agree that there's very little 'real world' performance difference between 845PE and 850E boards. And while I use Win2K Pro, it doesn't support hyperthreading, should JA find that a P4 3.06 is within his budget.

I was able to purchase a fully legit copy of Windows XP pro for $39 plus $8 S&H and I am in no way shape or form an MS employee. It was a limited time offer, but it does happen. Always keep an eye on www.bensbargains.net for XP deals. I bought it right online and so did a number of other people who I let sign up to my "pretend" business. It took a little work to fill out their forms, but I have a copy in my hands, and if you are still in disbelief, I can post an image of it. (Very unique packaging)

Handruin,

Thank you for the tip of where or how you can get one for $39.00! What I'm trying to say and let some SRs members know Where to buy a Legit real copy of WinXP Pro for $35.00 But it seems that some members thinks that's a Bullshit Story! :!: No, you don't have to be an Employees to get the Real WinXP Pro for $35.00. If you know someone, Family members, Friends working for Microsoft or other contract works for Microsoft you can also buy one as that Price. Member can take Families, Friends or who ever in the Store and buy what ever you like. 8) Yes, this a Legit Legal Copy! Well How Legit or Legal can it be when these software are Sold By Microsoft at Microsoft Store :?:

No I do not gain anything by let SRs member know they can get a software for a good price. I just thought I'm doing someone who needs a flavor. Never mind and don't give a damn if you don't beliece it :evil:

Thanks again.. Handruin for sharing your tip. I don't know if I will share mine anytime soon though.