Sign in to follow this  
saturnine

Radeon 9700 XP problem

I am running a Radeon 9700 in Windows XP, and my refresh seems to be locked at 60Hz. Does anyone know of a quick fix? Any and all help is appreciated. I seem to remember a program called refresh fix a while back, I assumed that ATi would fix this but I assumed wrong. Not sure if refresh fix supports the newer Radeon's. Thanks again.

D

[grrr, an edit button would be nice :)]

I should remark that AFAIK, it's not a Radeon-related problem as such; it's a Windows-problem and should be the same with all kinds of hardware.

Ok, I will check that out, but for the record, I had a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and it did not exhibit this problem in XP. So, it doesn't affect all hardware. Thanks. Any other info is welcomed!

Ok, I will check that out, but for the record, I had a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 and it did not exhibit this problem in XP. So, it doesn't affect all hardware. Thanks. Any other info is welcomed!

Try new drivers couldnt hurt

ATI has new driver out:

File size: 5.43 MB Posted: December 9, 2002

Version: 6.13.10.6218

Dont forget the Control Panel Version: 6.14.10.4000 its new too.

One other thing did you install the driver for your monitor?

If not try that too.

Isn't SP1 for WinXP suppose to fix all refresh rate problems ?

I am not sure about ATi, but since I installed WinXP SP1 on my computer(I have GF4 Ti4600), I had no problem with the refresh. Even after a clean install on WinXP and SP1 and then Det 41.03 I had no problems what so ever wioth the refresh.

PS. Before SP1, I had to use ReForce to set the refresh rate so that it would not change in different applications/games.

If SP1 doesn't wok for you, try ReForce, it should work with all non-nVIDIA card as well.