Sign in to follow this  
norberto

Surveillance camera software for PC, anything?

Hi,

I have a DC10plus capture card, and I was wondering if there's any software that can capture from a source like this card at very low frame-rates (1 frame per second, for example), in order to be able to monitor a room without having to record to a full motion (and large) video file.

Best regards,

Norberto Henriques

I think the Windows XP power toys have a tool such as this to capture images from a web camera at preset intervals.

The other option is to get a Logitech Webcam. The Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 came with motion-sensing software to begin recording video once detected motions exceed a preset threshold.

We used to use a software package called "SupervisionCam" at a former place of employment to monitor a non-critical security camera. It will allow you to use any standard video source available on Windows (e.g. a TV card or webcam).

http://www.supervisioncam.com/

It will probably do everything you require (and then some).

Yup, looks like it will do what you require. Despite the fact that the software is touted for its motion-detection abilities, according to the online manual, there is a setting titled "Save image periodically (WebCam) every x seconds." I believe it's "try before you buy" software. Download it and give it a try.

i'd reco the ms powertool as well for snapshots - very concise

it may be worth noting that webcam caps are NOT admissable in courts, but you can use them to scare people