Sign in to follow this  
andrewfu

180GXP 120GB w/ 8MB when?

Does anyone know when this drive will be available at online resellers? No one really seems to have the IBM drives, as they say they are all back ordered. I've only seen a good amount of the 180GB 8MB but they are $300... And I see that some people have gotten the lower 2MB models. Just curious if anyone had some info on when they'd be out.

Thanks!

Im not sure I'd ever buy an IBM IDE drive after the "DeathStar" fiasco. They really showed poor judgement on how they handled the whole situation.

Jhaislet very true. If they would of admitted a problem, returned with drives that did work properly fast,etc then i am sure more people would trust them again but sense they didn't its hard to trust them at all. Even if you never owned a IBM HD.

I almost bought a deathstar when they first came out, and am so glad I got WD's instead. IBM made great hdd's a couple years back, but Im not sure what happened. If they would have just taken care of the customers, there other great products would have fared a lot better. Screw the customer=Screw yourself.

Notice that Komplett don't actually have any in stock yet. :(

I ordered a 80GB Dmax+9 from them on 27th September and they still haven't delivered (latest delivery estimate is 10th November). :evil:

The 120GB 180GXP looks like the sweet spot, but the version "on sale" at Komplett is only the 2MB cache version.

As to prices, I remember the 120GXP were very expensive when they were first available here, but the price soon fell to match the competition.

I don't know about the death star but I just got a WD1000JB, runs like a charm. I only payed $139- for it, that's with no stupid rebates to fill out. I'm a bit predjudiced about the WD's though because we've always had them and I've pulled ancient ones out of friends computers.

BriSleep