Sign in to follow this  
norphis

Hard Disk Help Needed!

Lo all, I have a problem...

I have 2 hard disks, and they are set up in a RAID 0 Array, I’ve noticed that on occasion that one of the drives starts to click then my computer crashes, I have adequate cooling on both hard disks, and from problems that other people have had I'm led to believe that the hard disk is nearing the end of its lifespan...

Problem 1:

I know next to nothing about hard disks and Id like to know if someone can recommend a fast, RELIABLE, inexpensive hard disk...

Better yet could someone recommend a hard disk that is good performer in a RAID array, ill be buying 2 of them.

Problem 2: I have a RAID 0 array, (not very redundant really) and id like to know if there is a way to convert the RAID 0 to RAID 1.

Thanks in advance...

Guest russofris
Lo all, I have a problem...

I know next to nothing about hard disks and Id like to know if someone can recommend a fast, RELIABLE, inexpensive hard disk...

Maxtor D740X, WDxxxJB series, and IBM 120GXP series.

Better yet could someone recommend a hard disk that is good performer in a RAID array, ill be buying 2 of them.

Any of the above

Problem 2: I have a RAID 0 array, (not very redundant really) and id like to know if there is a way to convert the RAID 0 to RAID 1.

The only option is to back up the data, re-init the array from the RAID BIOS, and restore the data that you backed up.

Thank you for your time,

Frank Russo