Sign in to follow this  
Xtasy310

IP address

OK someone is hacking me. Yestarday someone crashed my hd and it's all because they know my IP Address. So I called my ISP for help in changing my IP Address. No help at all. I have searched and searched for hours on end on how to change my ip address. No luck. I'm using Windows XP. I have tried erasing the arp, but no luck. The reason i'm posting this here is because the person that is doing this to me reads all the topics in the Computers Forum. I have left my modem unplugged for days and still no luck. I keep pulling the same IP Address. Any suggestions on how to change it?

Crashed your hard drive? You mean it physically crashed and you lost data? Are you on cable, DSL, or dial up? It sounds like you know the person responsible? Also, are you running any programs of dubious security such as file sharing programs, instant messaging, etc? And have you patched all the holes in XP via Windows Update?

Hmmm :?

Is it even possible to trash someone's hdd just like that so easily?

IF you know who it is you could get them in some very hot water. I am suprised that your ISP blew you off like that. As jehh pointed out get some firewall software on your system ASAP! Get the offenders IP address and find out his/her ISP is. Then contact their abuse department. One way you might be able to change your IP address is leaving your modem unplugged for a while. I know when I switched my routers I was assigned a new IP because of the different MAC ID. If you have another NIC laying around install that one and remove the old one. That might also get you a new IP address too.

-JR

Yes I mean physically and i'm using cable.  I know who it is.  it is possible.

I am surprised! 8O

How come it doesn't happen so often then? I thought virus writer would love something like that. And isn't the firmware on the hdd supposed to prevent such mishaps? Besides 'How do you trash a drive physically using a s/w command? Who in their right mind would allow such a command to exist for their hdd in the first place?

I have heard it all now. In your mind your telling us that the only thing a hacker needs is an ip address to hack your computer? You need to study up a little more little boy.

OK someone is hacking me. Yestarday someone crashed my hd and it's all because they know my IP Address. So I called my ISP for help in changing my IP Address. No help at all. I have searched and searched for hours on end on how to change my ip address. No luck. I'm using Windows XP. I have tried erasing the arp, but no luck. The reason i'm posting this here is because the person that is doing this to me reads all the topics in the Computers Forum. I have left my modem unplugged for days and still no luck. I keep pulling the same IP Address. Any suggestions on how to change it?

HI i list the steps to be followed to change your ip in Windows XP .They are

1.Go to start--->run--->type cmd

2.Type ipconfig /release

3.Type ipconfig /renew

This will automatically change your ip address if it is dynamic ip.Else if you have static ip then you must contact your ISP to change it .After changing your ip visit Ip-Details.com to check that whether your network ip is changed or not .