Sign in to follow this  
GodChaser9600

GTA 3 Problems

Everytime i save a game in gta 3, it won't load them. It will load the game all the way then i get a illegal operation error. I have the updated video driver, Direct X 8.1, and I have turn every option off in display. Some suggestions, Please 8O

There is an update that fixes this problem. Dont worry everyone with this game has had the same problem AND you're currently saved games WILL work after you apply the patch.

I dont remember where I found this patch but you can try one of the executables from http://www.gamecopyworld.com .

You've got some sort of warez version of the game, that's why. Purchase a copy.

Where in the thread does it indicate he has a pirated copy? Why don't you take another quick look :-)

-Chris

You've got some sort of warez version of the game, that's why. Purchase a copy.

This problem affects ALL PC versions of GTA3... pirated or store bought...

Haha, no it doesn't, it only affects warez monkeys using a bad cd crack.

I bet gta sets some kind of record for most pirated game evar. *loads up his own pirated copy*

I didn't have the game save problem, so can't help there. But, when I play GTA 3, the radio stations don't work. I have to use Winamp and my own MP3's to have music during gameplay. But, I want to listen to Chatterbox, Head Radio, and Flashback when playing. So, any ideas on how to get the radio to work?

O/S: Win2k w/SP2 and DirectX 8.1

Multiplayer had been considered for GTA3 but was canned at the last minute by the developers in order to concentrate on the single player. *cry*

For anyone interested, GTA: Vice City is due out in October.

The theme for the game will be the roaring 80's. ;)

Since the this thread is already going, I thought I would ask a few questions... :)

Has anyone been able to fly the dodo in the PC version? I can't get the thing off the ground for more than 9 seconds, but I hear on the PSX version you can actually fly all over liberty city.

On the elevator bridge there is a building up on top with a ladder reaching to the road below. I haven't been able to climb the ladder. Does anyone know if it's possible to get up there?

What's up with all the loose ends after ya beat the game? What happened to Donald Love? ...he just disappears, and that's that? For being a single player game, the story is just horribly written and just doesn't follow.

I didn't get the Donald Love thing, either. What was up with that? I think he's the only major player who did NOT turn into road pizza.

I didn't get to try the dodo trick on the PS2. I finished it and grabbed a tank looking for work, then my brother borrowed my copy and has had it since!

Has anyone been able to fly the dodo in the PC version? I can't get the thing off the ground for more than 9 seconds, but I hear on the PSX version you can actually fly all over liberty city.

I've managed sixty. From the runway on Shoreside all the way over Callahan bridge to the sawmill area, more or less. It's my only succesful attempt though, everything else was at least fifteen seconds shorter. I think the accounts of flying the dodo all around the three islands are exaggerated.

On the elevator bridge there is a building up on top with a ladder reaching to the road below. I haven't been able to climb the ladder. Does anyone know if it's possible to get up there?

With the dodo perhaps, but it won't be easy getting it there. I don't think it's normally possible. The ladder is there to make the shack up there credible.

What's up with all the loose ends after ya beat the game? What happened to Donald Love? ...he just disappears, and that's that? For being a single player game, the story is just horribly written and just doesn't follow.
I didn't get the Donald Love thing, either. What was up with that? I think he's the only major player who did NOT turn into road pizza.

After you drop him off at the airport, Ray pages you saying "See ya in Miami". The mission pack is called Vice City. I think the answer lies there. You need to transfer a couple of characters to tie the mission pack into the original story.

Lets see how much trouble I can get my self in...

In my exp, the corrupt saved games issue ONLY happens with cracked/illigal copies.

Some cool guy named Ak*Odz from rage3d.com put up a page with a WORKING no-cd/no-corruption crack plus instrusctions on how to get everything working:

www.ipfreelytech.net/gta3fix/

It works. There is also www.gamecopyworld.com with lots of no-cd crac.. *ahem* "fixes" for gtaIII.

The saved games are stored in C:My DocumentsGTA3 User Files  8O

Thankyou :D

The saved games are stored in C:My DocumentsGTA3 User Files  8O

(Interpreting 8O as "why would they do that?")

It's cause in Windows 2000 and Windows XP, each user has his own My Documents folder. Microsoft demands that developers store their user data in the user's home directory (and/or the HKCU registry hive).

I know, because you mentioned "C:My DocumentsGTA3 user files". If you had Win2k or WinXP, you would have mentioned "C:Documents and SettingsUsernameMy DocumentsGTA3 user files".

;)

I have a new problem with this game when i goto to play the game i can't read any words that are on the screen. I have all the updated things for my pc. I have the v1.1 patch but still nothing. So what should i do. BTW, the words come up just can't read them, the only thing that comes up is a orange or white box. So what should i do. I have WinXP.