Sign in to follow this  
maver27

Ibm has some nerves........ibm 75GXP drama continues!!!!

short version:

45gig gxp broke after use of 14 months(september)

75gig gxp broke after use of 01 month(august)

could return the 75 gig to store and got it replaced with 2x 60gig gxp and only have to pay the diffrence(*grammer) www.alternate.nl

had to return my 45 gig gxp with a 2 page letter that i didn't want to to replace it with something else in in 75gxp serie but replaced with 60gxp...

i sortof threatend(*grammer) them to replace with a 60gig 60gxp becease i have no faith in that 75gxp serie and i gave then numberless(*grammer) links of forum's ,newssites like: www.storagereview.net , www.theregister.co.uk/ and even sites and links that went to court to sue ibm and that i would consider to do this too if they would replace it with a 75gxp serie that would mailfunction again etc and that i still entrust them by buying in total 4 harddisks of ibm 60gig ,60gxp ((made copies of it) even after these first two went broke!

i told them also that if they want to replace it with the same serie or with the serie i want but a lower storage that they have to contact me @mail or phone.

i got today a replaced one................and guess...... ???.............ohh yes

a second handed 45 gig gxp without any letter or contact!!............

ohh i'm so mad about this company....!!!

i will call them tomorrow and i'm thinking to say what to them.......!!!

does anyone have any good idea's for me??

i feel :(

I wouldn't even bother. They don't care about you or anyone else for that matter. If they did, they would have owned up to the problem. I've had like 15 or so 75GXP series drives here at work go bad. That's out of about 35 drives purchased at one time. Nothing I said phased them. I've gottem lots of refurbished drives back from them, most of which failed as well. Once they failed twice, they always have sent a new one back. Seems standard procedure unless they don't have any refurbished to give out. I just don't buy them anymore. Only means of protest. As if that does any good either. Just makes me feel better.

even after 120GXP reviews, people will still buy it... even though they know IBM has had failures on 60gxp, 75gxp, travelstar. The individual is not an individual.. he/she is a traped consumer... unable to move else where... idiotically attached to a company that offers them sh*t, completely stuck on IBM because they think they will get great performance and hope they won't be the suckers with a defective drive.

I wouldn't even bother.  They don't care about you or anyone else for that matter.

This is true. After having my defective 45 gig, 75GXP replaced with another 45 gig serviceable used part I wrote a note to IBM via their web interface. I complained about the drive because so many others had gotten new 60 gig, 60GXP drives. I never heard a thing back.

Now I own an 80 gig Barracuda IV and I'm very happy. No more IBM for me.

I'm in the act of returning my 40gig gxp drive... I'm so pissed with them... they send me this lameass reply to my complaint "well we have caching problems with win95, 98, and 2000 so that's what it probably is... this is what we get back the most for rma's"

I'm using xp... I did a complete partition copy to my new WD drive and it runs flawless... I reformatted the IBM and it's still working but it makes a clicking noise and runs slow as stinker... no happy fellowing thanks IBM.

I'll never buy another IBM drive.

I have both a 75GXP and a 60GXP. The first one is 18 months old and the second is 6 months old. The 60 GXP failed (screetch, screetch) 4 months ago. I ran the IBM utility, came up faulty. I ran the formatting utility and it "cleared" up. Three months later, the same. Now, the 75GXP has the same problems: as soon as I ran the utility to lock out bad sectors etc it works. Second failure in 40 days for both. I will not buy IBM again and I was recommended the Seagate Barracuda IV series. Any comments on that would be appreciated.

PS Sorry to hear Storage review is closing shop.