Sign in to follow this  
reader50

News comments now link to reddit?

I see there have been no forum comment threads for news posts since Nov 19. When I followed a comment link, it took me to reddit. Which I've never signed up with.

Is SR discontinuing the forum here? I notice a lot of spam lately, even after I reported one. Spam still up days later.

I actually wanted to comment on the Seagate dual-actuator story. They talk about HAMR, release it to trusted partners for testing ... and we hear nothing more. No public release. They talk about dual-actuator, now released to trusted partners for testing ... and no word on public availability.

The future seems to be putting up a fight about becoming the present.

Are the HAMR drives experiencing issues in testing? That would explain why they haven't shipped yet.

Yes, I noticed that as well.  The username and password didn't transfer to the new website. :( 

It seems like the end of SR 2.0. 

The forums just haven't been engaged with much, we have more engagement with Reddit, so we're experimenting there. Revamped the podcast...doing all sorts of things to see if we can better figure out a way to engage with our audience.