Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Intel NUC 8 Mainstream Kit (NUC8i7BEH) Review Discussion

Based on the performance of the benchmarks and the ad-hock testing that we performed on the system we feel that it would make a very good mid-range system for a demanding office user that uses typical office applications, does demanding web browsing, and plays streaming videos. The CPU and GPU in the system would work well as mid-range gaming or video and audio system. It should be noted that systems Type-C port gives this system the ability to work with eGFX enclosures.

Intel NUC 8 Mainstream Kit (NUC8i7BEH) Review

Your video benchmarks would be much, much more useful with CODEC and bitrate?

The CPU and GPU in the system would work well as mid-range

gaming or video and audio system.

Emphasis mine. Given that this is a system review, I was surprised you didn't include any benchmarks to back up the gaming or audio claims made-- no gaming benchmarks/comparisons to other systems, no even basic audio benchmarks/measurements of things like DPC latency? And video encoding wasn't tested, only decoding? Also for an office system, noise, while not critical, might deserve some observations, especially under heavy load doing the gaming or video and audio mentioned?

I realize this is StorageReview and not MotherboardReview. :P

This is useful input...we're still evolving the way these thin client and small system reviews get done.