Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory NoSQL Performance Review Discussion

Intel Optane DC persistent memory is an incredibly powerful part of the data hierarchy. Slotting in between RAM and storage, Intel's incarnation of persistent memory finally brings the technology mainstream. But just having access to a new storage technology isn't good enough, applications that can take advantage of persistent memory natively will have a huge competitive advantage. The flexibility we see with Aerospike shows they were ready out of the gate with app direct mode support (block storage) for Optane DC persistent memory. Further, they'll a leader in the NoSQL world when it comes to keeping both indexes and data on the persistent memory modules. While the latter is still an emerging vision, the early results look very promising.

Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory NoSQL Performance Review

This is one really good use case for PMEM, we're pretty excited to have been able to do this testing. 

What is their actual latency like for 95th %-ile reads and updates? Sub-millisecond isn't very precise. Hundreds of microseconds maybe?

Edited by technovelist
Clarifying what I was asking for

It's my understanding that for this application those numbers aren't really relevant. So long as they're hitting under a millisecond, the system is happy and delivering enough performance. 

3 hours ago, Brian said:

It's my understanding that for this application those numbers aren't really relevant. So long as they're hitting under a millisecond, the system is happy and delivering enough performance. 

The reason I'm interested in those numbers is because I'm developing a key-value store that benchmarks at about 1 microsecond latency when accessing a billion record store by key, so I'd like to know if they can get anywhere near that level.