Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Seagate BarraCuda 510 NVMe SSD Review Discussion

The Seagate BarraCuda 510 is the newest addition to the company’s 3D cTLC NAND SSD portfolio designed for those looking to upgrade their home PCs with speedy NVMe technology. Available in two capacities of 512GB and 256GB, the 510 comes a range of useful software like SeaTools SSD and Rescue Data Recovery Services plan to ensure your data is protected while featuring decent endurance specs with 1.8M hours MTBF and up to 320 terabytes written. In our review, we tested the 512GB capacity, which is likely to show a slightly better in performance compared to the smaller capacity model.

Seagate BarraCuda 510 NVMe SSD Review

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

The Seagate BarraCuda 510 is the newest addition to the company’s 3D cTLC NAND SSD portfolio designed for those looking to upgrade their home PCs with speedy NVMe technology. Available in two capacities of 512GB and 256GB, the 510 comes a range of useful software like SeaTools SSD and Rescue Data Recovery Services plan to ensure your data is protected while featuring decent endurance specs with 1.8M hours MTBF and up to 320 terabytes written. In our review, we tested the 512GB capacity, which is likely to show a slightly better in performance compared to the smaller capacity model.

Seagate BarraCuda 510 NVMe SSD Review

The curve of 970 pro(1T)/970 EVO (2T) is wrong, please fix this question.

The controller of barracuda 510 nvme is E12 .

Spotted the problem on the BarraCuda review, one of the labels got pushed and swapped the results. We fixed it on that review with updated charts.

Not sure this is feasible, but could we ask if you could color-code, shade, or pattern your bar graphs? Especially the first chart, which has something like 30+ SSD's in it... it's hard to find the drive being reviewed.

Also I noticed SR often has no mention of endurance or controller type-- I assume that's something you guys don't consider important?

Endurance is included in the specs on the TBW figure. On the controller, I'm not sure most people care one way or another on those anymore. It either performs well or it doesn't, you don't have a lot of options.I think it played a bigger role with SandForce years back where the workload you were using could be impacted by the controller, but for consumer products the 3rd party controller options aren't as variable.

Derp, apologies, I see you guys actually wrote it out "terabytes written" in the text. I was looking for it in the spec chart as well as for "TBW" and missed it.

Controller type-- fair point, but non-storage focused, more mainstream hardware sites like Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, and Techpowerup all still include it, so I was curious why a specifically-storage-focused generally hasn't been mentioning it. :) (and geeks like me care... :P )