Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

Seagate IronWolf 110 SSD NAS Review Discussion

The Seagate IronWolf 110 SSD is a duty specific SSD designed for all-flash and tiering/caching enabled NAS use cases. The IronWolf 110 leverages Seagate’s DuraWrite technology which, in addition to performance enhancements, prolongs the life of the SSD. The drive also sports a power loss data protection circuit, enterprise-class in-house SSD controller, and a SATA 6Gb/s interface for easy deployment. Capacities of the SSD range from 240GB to 3.84TB and come with a 5-year limited warranty and 2 years of data recovery services.

Seagate IronWolf 110 SSD NAS Review

Interesting marketing move from Seagate to make a NAS-specific SSD. I wonder if their branding effort will spur WD to do the same. 

That's a pretty solid endurance, about 1 DPWD (drive write per day) vs. the 0.3 to 0.5 DWPD typically seen on consumer SSDs... any idea how much overprovisioning they're doing?

TechpowerUp says it's 512GB on the 480GB model so that's nothing out of the ordinary, I assume they're using higher-grade 3D NAND than their desktop consumer line-up?

The drive also sports a power loss data protection circuit,

Definitely not enough drives with this!

It comes form the enterprise side of the house, basically a Nytro drive. So I'd expect better components and specs here when compared to client drives.