Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Kingston DC500R Enterprise SSD Review Dicsussion

Overall, the Kingston DC500R SSD is an impressive drive in a class that is at times overlooked. As fun as high-performance NVMe and other technologies are, SATA drives still carry most of the water when it comes to server or storage controller boot duties, where reliability is critical. They also make for affordable in-server storage where capacity and price are key, along with all of the other TCO benefits SSDs offer over HDDs. For its part, the DC500R placed near the top of the charts in a many of our tests, when compared with other worthy drives. All in all, the DC500R is a good option for use cases that use the SATA interface and need a reliable, well-performing drive with good endurance and a range of capacities.

Kingston DC500R Enterprise SSD Review

I've been using sandisk for years for storage of all media types and formats. I didn't care what the product functioned as. if it had the sandisk name branded I purchased it because I knew it would be reliable and function properly. and they we're about the only available some time ago. I bought two different brands of memory flash recently just to see for myself, one of them being Kingston brand. the other I won't mention. right away I returned the flash because it didn't even format. when I got it's replacement. comparing the Kingston to sandisk respectfully should be criminal. the Kingston is junk in comparison. I'm guessing the masses in need of storage are drawn to the cheap price. in my opinion it's not a significant amount. however, all markets in every country have gone mainstream cheap. and I'm not talking about "made in China" or Taiwan. I'm talking about the price tag. in any product or service I can't afford I just do without it, because to hassle with cheap is just, well, cheap. 

Yeah well Kingston has been around for a while and comparing user experience for an enterprise product doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.