Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

Synology DiskStation DS918+ Review Discussion

Synology’s 4-bay DS918+ is the latest member of the DS9xx+ family. The DS918+ comes equipped with an Intel Celeron Quad-Core 2.3GHz CPU with an AES-NI hardware encryption engine. Out of the box, this NAS comes equipped with a 4GB DDR3L memory module but is expandable up to 8GB thanks to its additional memory slot. Also featured are two RJ-45 1GbE LAN ports with link aggregation and failover support. Finally, the DS918+ can support two M.2 NVMe 2280 SSDs. This allows users to take full advantage of the system cache without compromising precious storage space of the internal drives.

Synology DiskStation DS918+ Review

I'm struggling with Synology to find a mid-tier device that supports both M.2 SSDs and 10Gb. I'm being forced to QNAP as they actually have products that have both of these features and the client needs are for high-speed video editing shared storage and 1gb ethernet just doesn't cut it. I ended up setting up one environment with a DS1817+ and added a 10Gb PCIe card, but I had to burn 2 of the front slots on SATA SSDs.

Why oh why Synology would you come out with another 1gb limited device?