Sign in to follow this  
blakerwry

hypermicro good dealer or not?

I was considering buying a cheetah X15 and a LSI u160 controller from hypermicro...

But I've never dealt from them before, and would really like a consensus from you all before I do.

If you've purchased from Hypermicro.com, plz reply here and tell me about your expereiences.

Were you satisfied?

Was the order packaged(protected) well?

Was shipping on-time?

Ever have to send anything back?

Would you buy from them again?

would you recomend them to a friend?

Were you satisfied?

Yes, they were fine. Good phone support too.

Was the order packaged(protected) well?

Bulk Atlas 10k was in bag>bubble>peanuts. Bulk X15-36LP was in fitted foam commonly seen with seagate mailers. Both drives are in current operation.

Was shipping on-time?

Same day (if order was before 3PST).

Ever have to send anything back?

No.

Would you buy from them again?

Yes, and I have.

would you recomend them to a friend?

Yes... for SCSI devices. Dont forget the free shipping offer if you mention storagereview in your order.

I've spent thousands of dollars at Hypermicro (company purchases) over the past two years and I've never been disappointed. Once I had a SCSI drive arrive DOA, but I returned it without a problem. They're a good, reputable vendor and I trust them. They don't always have the best prices, but they're competitive and the extra money is worth it for the packaging and prompt service.

Have ordered from them several times, and they are top notch. Fast delivery, excellent response to inquiry, very competitive pricing, quality merchandise.

Would definitely repeat buy.

used to get all my scsi burners from them (before i turned into a ide whore; ) ). Never had a problem. Hypermicro has a good rep, so i wouldnt hesitate to order from them.

Ordered a X15-36LP and Tekram DC-390U3W from them. Prices were good, drive and card were well packaged and the order arrived promptly. I will buy more SCSI stuff from them in the future.

I was considering buying a cheetah X15 and a LSI u160 controller from hypermicro...

But I've never dealt from them before, and would really like a consensus from you all before I do.

If you've purchased from Hypermicro.com, plz reply here and tell me about your expereiences.

Hypermicro has always come through for me and has never made an error with any order of mine. The only complaint about them that I have is that their selection of goods is limited. I recommend them whole-heartedly, particularly since you can get free shipping by mentioning SR.

Another strong praise for Hypermicro.....I've orders thousands of dollars of stuff from them for both home and work and they've never let me down. Plus you get to indirectly help Storage Review :-)

Always mention SR when you order.....let em know their dollars aren't going to waste :-)

-Chris

One more notch to the good reviews of Hypermicro. I've ordered from them 4 times and I have not had a problem. None of my equipment was damaged, and everything I've ordered is still in operation.

I will order from them again if I need something down the road.

I would recommend them also. I have ordered from them a few times and have found their prices very competitive and them to be reliable. I consider them to be one of the best places on the net to purchase SCSI hardware.

I've orders thousands from HyperMicro over the past three years and they've always sent the right order and I've never had a DOA or return anything yet. And they're shipping halfway round the world to me. I do wish they carried more products though so I can get all my stuff from them but, for SCSI stuff, they can't be beat.

eugene

They made an error on an order (simply forgot some 80pin-68pin converters) and answered my email courteously within an hour, 2-day'ed the items to us... that's the way to treat a customer, all right. :D Just seeing how carefully they pack drives is enough that I would not want to buy SCSI drives elsewhere. Prices seem quite competitive, too... compare their pricing against Newegg on X15-36LP's for instance.