Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

Samsung 983 ZET Review Discussion

The Samsung 983 ZET is the company’s first foray into the market that sits between memory and storage. Like other similar products, the 983 ZET aims for low latency above all else but comes with strong performance claims of 3.4GB/s bandwidth and up to 750K IOPS throughput. The SSD leverages Samsung’s tried and true V-NAND and an NVMe interface. The 983 ZET is designed for high-performance computing applications as well as AI and IoT. 

Samsung 983 ZET Review

If  they can get the pricing down to close to NAND levels (as opposed to Optane levels),  it should be a very competitive product. Right now I hear it is right in between Optane and NAND, although Optane prices have fallen somewhat. 

Any idea if this is MLC or SLC? 

Edited by CrazyElf

It's TLC from what I recall. Pricing is an issue...ultimately NVMe SSDs will get faster and we'll view this as a transition period I think. Optane is fundamentally different though and it remains to be seen if they can get capacities up. There's also the PMEM issue, and how much speed that enables vs accelerating at the storage drive layer. Fun times.