Sign in to follow this  
air621

Upgrading HD in a LaCie 1TB D2 (301224u)

Hi, I have an old Quadra enclosure that suits my needs due to the FW800 connections. I want to put a new drive into it, 3TB or 4TB, but I can't find any info to see if this is okay to do. Can someone weigh in or provide a link to some info?
Thanks
Edited by air621

Hmmm it's at least eSATA, which means the internal disk is likely SATA, and I don't think you will run into any limits (some controllers may get confused with drives above 2TB and hence  you could be SOL, but that's not likely).

That said I don't think many people take apart old LaCie enclosures to swap the drive, so I'd say you're probably gonna have to chance it on this one.

19 hours ago, continuum said:

Hmmm it's at least eSATA, which means the internal disk is likely SATA, and I don't think you will run into any limits (some controllers may get confused with drives above 2TB and hence  you could be SOL, but that's not likely).

That said I don't think many people take apart old LaCie enclosures to swap the drive, so I'd say you're probably gonna have to chance it on this one.

Thanks. I've already replaced the drive once with a newer 1TB drive. The enclosure seems made to swap out drives. I'd like to put at least 3TB into this one but the risk depends on the price of the new drive.