Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

HyperX Gaming MicroSD Card Review

No, this one specifically they asked for that due to the gaming focus. It's really just a usability segment anyway. Are you wondering if games would feel slower on the others?

That is something a review site can provide that the average consumer can't easily do/afford/justify him/herself, right? To provide useful comparison testing? (especially if you have the other cards on hand. If you don't then I can understand why you didn't do such a comparison!)

It's a fair suggestion. Thankfully we've added some resources here so hopefully we can do better across the board.

Something that would be hugely appreciated, is the inclusion of the 4KB QD32 Random Read/Write IOPs for all of the SD cards. It's sort of annoying to see the IOPs in some reviews, but awkwardly missing in others.

Trying to compare the Kingston React line against the HyperX, the HyperX crush the React when it comes to raw throughput, but what are the IOPs. Pityful IOPs are why I'm avoiding the Samsung line. The Evo Select 128GB Micro-SDXC card is a complete dog compared to it's similarly specced 256GB version, while Samsung charges more per GB for the 128GB. The 256GB version clears the requirements for the A1 speed rating, while the 128GB falls very short. Makes you wonder why Samsung has chosen to avoid the A1/A2 specs.

256GB IOPs 2020/975 R/W

128GB IOPs 1312/135 R/W

A1 requirements 1500/500 IOPS R/W and sustained sequential write speed of 10MB/s -> A2 requirements up it to 4000/2000 IOPS R/W

So for uses for a lot of people, the 128GB EVO Select will be a disappointing choice, when you can pay less per GB and end up with a much superior 256GB edition.

The Kingston React cards hit the A1 requirements, but what about the HyperX ones?

Kind of shocked an enterprise/power user oriented review site, wouldn't include IOP/s testing for basically all storage related reviews.

I realize this is a heavy first post, and using Samsung and their storage back up why IOPs testing should be a part of every review in a Kingston thread is probably not the best, but it really is my honest opinion and a growing peeve of mine.