Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

Toshiba Delivers Value SAS SSDs

SAS has long been a common interface in both storage and server systems in the data center. SAS offers better performance, encryption options, and in several cases capacity options. However, SATA has always been the more cost-effective option. With the introduction of the RM5 family, Toshiba is looking to close the cost gap while offering a higher performing product. RM5 will also allow the use of native SAS form end-to-end, eliminating the need of SAS expanders that SATA drives need to scale out. 

Toshiba Delivers Value SAS SSDs

"The drive will be offered in both SFF-8639 and 2.5” form factors."

I only know SFF-8639 as a connector?  What is the form factor and how does it differ from 2.5" ?

And while I'm taking the time to post, asking to send notifications is really sleazy, you should turn that off.  No one wants notifications and asking for them is just gross and pushy. 

Oops. I had two different documents open and added something from the wrong one. Fixed now. 

I can't help you with the notifications thing, sorry.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:20 PM, jdpns said:

"The drive will be offered in both SFF-8639 and 2.5” form factors."

I only know SFF-8639 as a connector?  What is the form factor and how does it differ from 2.5" ?

And while I'm taking the time to post, asking to send notifications is really sleazy, you should turn that off.  No one wants notifications and asking for them is just gross and pushy. 

Just default settings man...I'd argue it's sleazy to force notifications on you. This is just an option if you want it. Don't want, don't turn it on.