T_P_

External HDD Became RAW

Hi Folks...so here is the issue that has been taking my sleep for about two weeks already. Have a Toshiba External Drive 2TB that worked great for about two years storing all my stuff, and two weeks ago it simply decided not to work anymore and it became RAW. Basically I have 500GB worth of data that I would like to recover however it has shown to be to be more complicated that I thought.

Found TestDisk tool which has already recovered as small portion of my files (not even 5%) and it takes days running. Also found a tool called EaseUS (U$60,00 - I bought it) which apparently could see my files then I selected all of them and the program took 3 days when it finally said "completed" but NOT icon_evil.gif - I would never recommend their software to anyone.

So here I am, there is lots of data I still need and no solution seem to be able to do the job. 

Has anyone faced, solved or have any suggestions to a case late this?Image3.thumb.JPG.aab9c09ffc4bc76846a40b76df3ed23a.JPG

Drive probably has physical damage if TestDisk and EaseUS both took days... if you REALLY need the files, it's time to send it to FADV, OnTrack, Driversavers, or some other professional recovery company, and be ready to fork out $thousands depending on how much data you need recovered.

As continuum said, if the data is really important and you did not have it backed up to a reliable backup, you are going to spend significant money.

USB drives are an extremely poor single source backup as they are easily corrupted in many situations.  Moreover, one backup for important data is about as reliable as no backup.

EaseUS should give you a refund if the product did not work for you and you first used the trial version and it stated that it would recover your data.

@continuum @Slade I`m back to tell you guys that after long 15 hours, I was able to recovery 90% of my disk using WinHex. Tool located most of my files and it ran as quickly as it could. 

Thus it restored everything in the original location, meaning that it kept all files and folders structures.