BOE

Anyone have the Seagate 12TB Enterprise drives?

Hello,

I'm debating about getting the HGST drives or the Seagate drives as the Seagates are cheaper and rated as faster.  I had Seagate 6TB drives and then got the 8TB HGST.  One thing I liked about the HGSTs is I don't hear the CLICKING sound like the heads are slamming into the disk periodically.  I don't know if that was a glitch with the 6TB models or a bad batch or a Seagate commonality.   Anyone have a 12TB Seagate enterprise or barracuda?  I don't know if the slower NAS models would be a valid comparison.

Thanks - do you notice a sudden loud clicking sound on occassion - not as in a bad hard drive but as if the drive heads were suddenly being repelled or dropped on the platters every 10 minutes or so.  It doesn't matter if the system is idle or in use you'll get something kind of like this  video sound although it sounds very slight due to all the fan noise in this system.    I guess it would sound like a ball bearing rolling along a roulet wheel that had no dividers and then dropping to the center if the center were metal.

Edited by BOE

Thanks - not really worried about the health - just the head slamming noise some of the Seagates make.   I know on the 3TB models there were some firmware updates that reduced it but it still occurs after the update.