Sign in to follow this  
tdhall

Controller for 4 8tb sas drives

I am building a workstation and have 4 HGST 8tb sas drives. I would like a 12 gb/s raid controller, but can't spend over $300 for one. I have spent hours looking at specs and trying to find reviews, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info available. I am having difficulty determining the age of the products listed, so I am unable to determine if the offering is even current.  I don't care about brand, as long as the provider is still in business. (Seems LSI has been acquired by another company, so I am not sure which, if any of their product are current and supported.)

I would like something that is reliable, easy to set up, and works with Windows 10. I am hoping that there is a product out there that will meet my needs. Any help would be appreciated.

TH

Edited by tdhall

Sticking with Broadcom/Avago/LSI or Microsemi/Adaptec would be your best bet. On the OEM side, Supermicro and Dell leverage a lot of LSI products and as such there are some whitebox versions of the main LSI adapters available for a lower entry price or as system take outs.

Now onto the main item, why do you need a 12gb/s adapter for HDDs? You could get a much cheaper price on something prior generation, unless you plan on adding flash into the mix.