BOE

12TB performance reviews?

Any chance we'll see any performance reviews on the newer 12TB enterprise drives from HGST and Seagate?   I'd love to know how they compare to my 8TB enterprise drives for performance.   I'd also love to know how they compare noise wise as well.

Edited by BOE

If anyone has seen any performance reviews on these I'd love to see some reviews on how they compare with others.   There are plenty of generic press releases but I haven't found any actual benchmark testing from a third party.

Thanks - it is something to start with at least.   I couldn't find the sound levels in that article.   I'm trying compare performance with actual benchmarks because the up 250... type things from the vendor don't mean much to me.  I currently have 15 x HGST HUH728080AL drives and I need to build a larger system SOON.

It is hard to do an apples to apples comparison as they often give ratings connected to a raid controller as in this article which should have similar performance as my drives but impossible to compare to a single drive.

Edited by BOE

We have Ironwolf and Ironwolf Pro 12TB coming maybe this week, but definitely next.

Awesome - I don't know the ironwolf but I'll look it up!    I'm most concerned about speed for copying and quietness.

I just looked them up - they say NAS which make me think these may not be as swift as enterprise drives.

Edited by BOE

They won't be, but at least you'll get to see the delta in NAS to that desktop drive we reviewed already.