Sign in to follow this  
blackbirdz

Low Level Format cancelled prematurely, HDD capacity becomes 0kB. How to restore?

I have a Disk Array that I set it up as a JBOD (12x 4TB). I connected the array to the host via Adaptec RAID storage controller. When I was configuring the array at BIOS level, I did Low Level Format to one of the drives out of curiosity. When the system is still formatting the drives, there was a blinking red at the screen Not to cancel the format is still in progress. It was still at 1% progress, so I cancelled it anyway since there is nothing wrong with the drive. However, after I cancelled it, the disk is recognized by the system, but it was greyed out and the capacity then reported as 0kB and it seems like there is nothing I could do with it. Anyone can help how to restore the drive to the working state?

Thank you.

Sounds almost like the drive failed. If you take it out of the group and plug it into something else does it report anything?

What kind of drive is it? SATA drives can't do a real low-level reformat the way SCSI can. But they can report error codes via SMART.