Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD Review Discussion

The SanDisk Ultra 3D is a client SSD that leverages 3D NAND that is being marketed as an HDD replacement. As with most SSDs, users will see an improvement in performance, boot time, endurance, and a reduction in latency swapping out their HDD for flash. The drive comes in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities. It will also come with shock and vibration resistance and SanDisk software like SSD Dashboard. The drive is more or less identical SanDisk version of the WD Blue SSD leveraging the same NAND in a branded model.

SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD Review

Did I miss any actual pricing comparisons? Not that you need to do them all the time, but might be useful once in a while. (is the exact price, even MSRP/ESP, mentioned at all? If so, I think I missed it!)

Prices weren't in there initially but have been added. For the 1TB we reviewed, one can pick it up for $285 which is around the same price for other 1TB drives with similar performance. If someone is looking to give an older PC some pep it is not a bad deal but if they have some performance specific goal they may want to spend a little more on something better.