Sign in to follow this  

I have a amount of DVD collections and I need to rip my DVDs and save on Synology DS411slim NAS server, after that I can manage all the discs and play them on TV. So I googled look for a good way to complete this work . 
I found a software named Pavtube ByteCopy, It can copy and rip BD/DVD to NAS, There are some reviews and tutorials online is very good so I have a try. After Stream DVDs to NAS Server I thought It's really convenient to copy or rip DVDs and play well on TV.
But yesterday when I went to watch movie that I found videos not have been there. After I refresh the NAS sever,the file has recovered. Anyone know what's going on?

Are you seeing any errors on the NAS itself? What is cataloging the files and what are you using to watch them? That end might be corrupted.

I usually use Handbrake to rip DVD's.  It only gives me issues with Disney movies, and their copy protecion schemes.  I have not tried to rip a bluray yet, and most of my BR purchases, came with a normal DVD, that I could rip.

I then use the included Synology App DSVideo for playback.  I have a Roku hooked up to my TV, and with the DSVideo app on the Roku, things are great to stream.  Where I often run into issues is various codec, most importantly videos ripped with 5.1 audio.  I have to convert them to 2.0 stereo as DSVideo doesn't support I think 5.1 DTS.

Alternatively, you could uses VLC too for playback.  But I really enjoy the netflix like view of DSVideo, with metadata tags across my phones and roku.