Adam_a

Pure Storage Announces FlashArray//X All-NVMe Flash Array

Pure states that its new end-to-end, software-to-raw flash optimization reduces latency by up to 50% while doubling write bandwidth and quadrupling performance density. Users can use the FlashArray//m for general-purpose consolidation. Pure expanding its FlashArray family with the //X that they say will offer maximum consolidation power per rack unit. On top of this Pure still offers its Evergreen Storage program, 99.9999% availability, and rich data services

Pure Storage Announces FlashArray//X All-NVMe Flash Array

There are a LOT of upset customers out there... The reps were basically going around saying the existing arrays are "NVMe Ready" and you'll get the upgrade later! 

Not true. The only thing NVMe "ready" on the //m series is the chassis. 

Edited by decoy5657

Supporting NVMe isn't really all that impressive. All the other major vendors will have NVMe announcements this year in all likelihood, but ultimately, NVMe is just a technology and *most* organizations aren't going to want to pay the premium anyway. Then again Pure is always a mystery to us given their refusal to let us see any of their systems. Their share price isn't exactly reinforcing a healthy business model either. 

It may very well be ahead it's time, but certainly customers must appreciate the upgrade path.  I'm of the opinion that this technology will start to reshape OEM GTMs over the next 18 mos and large investments in AFAs that can't seamlessly move into NVMe will become essentially hybrid-esque "just good enough", which isn't necessarily bad for wider adoption, but those same customers could be more prone to HCI given the even greater cost sensitivity. It'll be interesting to say the least.  

And indulge me for one final point: let us not be so naive to believe Pure's brutal stock price is indicative of an unsuccessful business model or product - that's amateur stuff.  A more diligent approach is reviewing rev growth, R&D, strategy for profitability, and overall what are the losses producing; no different to HCI and others (e.g. Nutanix and its major Px swings).  Otherwise it sounds like competing FUD with a shaky base.  

First post, but long time technologist. Thanks for the forum. 

Well there is no profitability and revenue growth is a big problem with the current stock price. But that aside, I hope they make it, despite my disdain for their marketing team.