Adam_a

ADATA XPG SX8000 PCIe M.2 SSD Review

6 posts in this topic

The ADATA XPG SX8000 is the company’s premium SSD offering designed for resource-intensive applications on high-end machines such as gaming and graphics rendering. Its small form factor also allows it to fit nicely inside ultra-thin notebooks and in desktops that have limited physical space under the hood. Ranging in capacities from 128GB to 1TB, ADATA’s drive is NVMe 1.2 certified and supports the latest Intel platforms. It also features 3D NAND Flash, SLC Caching, DRAM Cache Buffer and LDPC ECC technologies. 

ADATA XPG SX8000 PCIe M.2 SSD Review

Wonder did you benchmark those Samsung drives with the standard nvstor MS driver or the one from Samsung? I have the 256gb version of this drive and have done my own benchmarks and found if you use an open source OpenFabrics driver rated at nvme 1.2 spec you get better scores. So I theorize this drive has more performance to give with the right driver.

We used the stock driver. In every single case in the past where a custom driver is different, it had zero impact on mixed workloads. There might have been a small uptick in straight line numbers but that was it.

We use what we've been sampled. Unfortunately that means we don't always have all the capacities.

7 hours ago, Brian said:

We use what we've been sampled. Unfortunately that means we don't always have all the capacities.

OK! That's understandable.