Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

WD Announces SanDisk Skyhawk NVMe SSD Series

NVMe provides a large bump in performance over SATA drives, as well as a reduction in latency. More and more servers are being manufactured with support for NVMe to allow companies to take advantage of its performance benefits. The Skyhawk Series uses WD 15nm NAND flash, a new high-performance PCIe Gen 3 SSD controller, the company’s proprietary Guardian Technology platform, and the industry standard NVMe 1.2 protocol. The drives come in capacities from 1.6TB to 3.84TB and a U.2, 2.5-inch SFF with a PCIe interface.

WD Announces SanDisk Skyhawk NVMe SSD Series

Seagate launched their Guardian series with Skyhawk for Surveillance about 6 months ago now..... anyone else seeing the borrowed branding here!!

I detect a lawsuit happening. WD's SanDisk Skyhawk sounds a lot like Seagate's SkyHawk Surveillance drives. Which hit the market a good while earlier.

Edit: I see that great minds think alike.

Edited by reader50

Hope these drives won't be OEM only. More enterprise-class SSDs need to be sold retail. I'm tired of buying unbranded OEM drives and getting a mixed bag of junk, or worse, paying way more because they're "OEM certified" instead of just off the shelf.