Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam_a

HP Z2 Mini Workstation Review Discussion

5 posts in this topic

The HP Z2 Mini solves the issue of getting a lot of power into a workstation without taking up precious real estate on the desk or in the ever-shrinking cubicles. Not sacrificing performance for size, the Z2 Mini can pack two drives (a PCIe SSD and an extra 2.5" drive 1TB—HDD or SSD), an NVIDIA Quadro M620-class GPU, and up to 32GB of RAM. The Mini can support up to 6 displays, which is ideal for those in the financial industry. Not only does the Z2 have a small footprint, but also it has multiple mounting options to further save space including: under the desk, off the back of a monitor stand, and, most interestingly, on display arms in between the arm and the back of the monitor. Aside from so many appealing options, the HP Z2 Mini starts at just $699.

HP Z2 Mini Workstation Review

Has anyone other than the reviewer tried one of the Z2s out yet?  I'm anxious to hear how hot and noisy it might be?  I'm considering this or a small form factor to replace my aging self built workstation.  Due to other issues I intend to have whatever I end up buying in my living room instead of my office so noise is going to be a consideration.  The review here didn't really get into the heat/noise factors.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

Kevin has it on his desk, it's very quiet and he's super anal about such things. That said, this is a very personal issue. I'm pretty impressed by it as well. 

Thanks Brian.  Leaning toward this or a small form factor since I'm moving my stuff in to my living room.  I intend to put a monitor, keyboard and mouse on my standing height desk  behind my sofa and tuck the new computer between my sofa and side table.  I will use it mostly for Photoshop, audio editing and general use.  As long as it's fairly quiet and doesn't heat up like an oven I will be satisfied.

This little guy was easily our favorite system we saw all year. I think you'll enjoy what it brings.