help me choose and decide between two ssd drives

2 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone and good day J

I'm trying to decide  between  two   ssd  drives

I Adding an images  of this 2

One is  "SanDISK  SSD PLUS   MODEL   SDSSDA-240GB   SATA 6G/s "

THE OTHER IS  " SanDISK   X300s  SD7SB3Q-256G -1006 "

i have a couple of Questions

1)      Which one is better ?  And newer ?

2)      If I connect  them to pc  the one with 240GB  show only  223GB and the one with 256GB Show me  238GB  It’s  a   15GB  Difference in  Capacity storage  IN THIS CASE

What you recommended ? 

3)      they both sata III (3)   ?   if no ,  its Critical difference  between sata 3 and sata 2 ???

4)      I plan to used  the ssd drive  with adapter cable usb  Directly to computer  like an External  Hardisk to backup some files and stuff  it a good  idea ?

USB adapter connection speed will not fall down?

5)      Maybe  After a while I'll use it to connect  internal hard drive for the operation system so which one  better for two cases

I appreciate your help and want to Thanks in advance everyone    

IMG_8374.JPG

IMG_8378.JPG

1)      Which one is better ?  And newer ?

Regarding to SSD, it doesn't about the newer the better, you need to look at the specification. To me, the difference of both drive is X300s got the self-encryption, so the writing speed would be slower (correct me if I am wrong). When you compare the speed of both drive, I would say Sandisk SSD Plus is better because its writing speed is better the X300s.

2)      If I connect  them to pc  the one with 240GB  show only  223GB and the one with 256GB Show me  238GB  It’s  a   15GB  Difference in  Capacity storage  IN THIS CASE

What you recommended ? 

As I mentioned before, it depends on how often you use the encryption. If no, then choose the regular one (SSD plus). The discrepancy of disk size is the over-provision. SSD allocated space as buffer and data correction. It doesn't matter about the amount of size.

3)      they both sata III (3)   ?   if no ,  its Critical difference  between sata 3 and sata 2 ???

Both of them are SATA 3, the difference of Sata 2 and 3 would be the speed, the estimated speed of SATA3 is 600MB/s which basically no SSD can do that. Plus, if your SSD got the 5XX MB/s and it is considered as high-quality.

4)      I plan to used  the ssd drive  with adapter cable usb  Directly to computer  like an External  Hardisk to backup some files and stuff  it a good  idea ?

if you use them as external hard disk, I would definitely recommend to get a regular HDD is fine. (personally suggested TOSHIBA, at least I didn't broke it so far :) )

USB adapter connection speed will not fall down? There is no such thing about not dropping connection speed and it depends on your USB cable and the read/write speed of your disk.

5)      Maybe  After a while I'll use it to connect  internal hard drive for the operation system so which one  better for two cases

If you are concern about the writing speed, use SSD plus then. I hope these can answer your question