jjusbb

A good USB flash drive to use to edit photos

5 posts in this topic

A few years ago I found that normal-speed USB 2.0 flash drives were too slow to allow me to edit photos in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom when the photos and the Lightroom catalog were being accessed from the USB flash drive. There was always a lagtime. So I bought an expensive Lexar Triton 64GB flash drive, which solved the problem. I'm in the market for a larger-capacity USB drive now that I have a camera with 24 megapixels instead of 12. What would be a good USB drive to use that would allow me to edit photos from it without any lagtime? Right now I'm considering the 128GB Lexar P20 or the Patriot SuperSonic Rage 2 256GB.

Thanks. I use an external drive to store everything eventually, but I prefer to use a smaller USB flash drive for my most recent projects.

I hear you but these drives are very small. You're talking a huge step up in performance and quality for a modest footprint. 

On 11/30/2016 at 9:42 AM, jjusbb said:

Thanks. I use an external drive to store everything eventually, but I prefer to use a smaller USB flash drive for my most recent projects.

same with me. I am also using normal flash drive.