Sign in to follow this  
Adam_a

Seagate Launches ClusterStor 300N With Flash Acceleration

As stated, ClusterStor 300N uses Nytro Intelligent I/O Manager to run multiple mixed workloads simultaneously on the same storage platform. These means bottlenecks created by data demands outpacing storage can now be eliminated. Without these bottlenecks companies will be able to run multiple applications on the same platform without the usual performance issues. This is especially attractive to industries like seismic processing, financial transition modeling, machine learning, geospatial intelligence and fluid dynamics where mixed and unpredictable workloads are more common.

Seagate Launches ClusterStor 300N With Flash Acceleration

" These include its 720TB, 2U Lustre storage system, as well as a single NVMe over a Fabric, 24-drive all flash array which they state can hit over 4.8 million IOPS with single-digit microsecond latency. "

That's got to be a typo. Milliseconds instead of microseconds. The best NVMe drives can only hit about 150 microseconds of latency.

On 11/14/2016 at 11:46 AM, TheEldest said:

" These include its 720TB, 2U Lustre storage system, as well as a single NVMe over a Fabric, 24-drive all flash array which they state can hit over 4.8 million IOPS with single-digit microsecond latency. "

That's got to be a typo. Milliseconds instead of microseconds. The best NVMe drives can only hit about 150 microseconds of latency.

I emailed Seagate for clarification and this is their exact response: "The 9 micro seconds is the added latency in the NVMe over fabric. The expert I connected with to verify said in the booth, during the demo, they say, "9 micro secs of overhead latency.” So, single digit overhead added by NVMe over fabric."