Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JaredDM

Who do you use for data recovery, and why?

4 posts in this topic

First off, full disclaimer:  I work in professional data recovery, so I'm not really looking for a company to use.  I'm also not looking to SPAM or give a shout out to my company here.

I find that I'm constantly amazed how people will spend thousands of dollars at companies (I won't name them here, but I'm sure you've heard of them) who in my opinion are sub-par at actually performing data recovery.  Yet more affordable companies, who do better work and regularly recover cases the big companies gave up on, can't seem to compete well on a national scale.  I've generally just attributed it to the marketing budget of these few larger companies, but maybe it's something else.

I'm  just trying to understand why IT professionals, such as yourselves, choose one company over the others.  Is it their pricing, discount or referral commissions, reputation, years in business, or something else?  I welcome any feedback here.

Edited by JaredDM

On 11/15/2016 at 11:46 PM, continuum said:

Ontrack. We've got a company-wide contract.

OK, that doesn't exactly answer my question about what makes you choose them over other companies.  Is it because it's not your decision that you mention the contract?