Adam_a

Crucial MX300 SSD Review (2050GB)

5 posts in this topic

The MX300 SSD series offers several, somewhat different, capacities with the 2050GB being the highest. Like all of the drives in the series, the 2050GB comes with Adaptive Thermal Protection to help keep the drive cool and protects data with both AES 256-bit encryptions and RAIN technology. The drive comes with a 3-year limited warranty and can be currently bought for just under $550 or less than $0.28/GB.

Crucial MX300 SSD Review (2050GB)

The SSD 850 Evo more or less ran circles around the MX300 performance-wise.

It will come down to price I guess. Still, it's nice that affordable 2TB (or about 2TB) HDDs are coming to market.  I guess it's street price that matters.

Crucial has a modest cost advantage though. Will be interesting to see what Samsung does next, they have a global conference next week Adam will be attending. 

Maybe they will counter with a larger SSD 750 Evo. That seems like a logical approach.

But yeah, I see your point. At the low end, margins are razor thin and competition will be fierce. I just hope that this someday translates into better prices for higher end MLC SSDs.

Hi Adam_A, I'm new on the forum, but read storagereview website for years.

I registered because I have a question on your review of the MX300 2 TB.

Can you make the measure of Power Consumption like for the M500 960 GB I have actually in my notebook ?

It is important for the battery autonomy, as I lost a bit switching from standard 2"5 hard drive to this M500/960. I really need to know how is the MX300 compared to M500, but also to BX200/MX200.

If possible, thanks.

Melaure