Sign in to follow this  
CHATMANR

Seagate 1TB Gaming SSHD SATA 32GB NAND SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-Inch Internal Ba

Any plans to test this Seagate SSHD? I do wonder how it fares with the added 32GB on top of the regular 8GB of NAND.

Edited by CHATMANR

Seagate isn't sampling the drive for review. It's a progressive change. The extra NAND won't matter for many honestly because of the way we tend to use storage. If you have any performance need at all, SSD is the way to go, even if you have to settle for a smaller capacity.

I've bought a couple of the older Seagate Momentus 500GB XT drives in the past. It has 4GB of Flash and 32GB of cache. There is nothing great about it. In fact, I'd argue a waste of money. But I bought them at a time where pure SSD was expensive, and capacities over 256GB were $$$.

This day and age, pure SSD is the way to go. The hybrid setups are pure crap from the likes of the hybrid feature. I'm not sure why it cant be implemented better. I used to rock a OCZ drive with their Synapse caching software, and that thing rocked and made a difference, that company later was bought by Samsung (The maker of the caching software). Apple has their fusion drives, etc...