Sign in to follow this  
theemaster

Best cloud backup hard drive?

As maybe you've noticed..? or I have some hard drives now come with "cloud backup" unfortunately they don't come with.. the full amount of the hard drive :( or at least this one doesn't..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178682

I guess, I'm wondering if Western Digital has a better offering.. or is it toshiba? the last magnetic hard drive manufacturer in the business???

And can anyone confirm this drive I posted?? ahh does it actually have hardware/software supporting this.. or are they expecting you to use some "seagate" software to do it on your windoze machine? :)

• Like 1

As maybe you've noticed..? or I have some hard drives now come with "cloud backup" unfortunately they don't come with.. the full amount of the hard drive :( or at least this one doesn't..

Of course not. Unlike building and selling a hard drive providing online server storage causes running costs. Just see it as marketing move by Microsoft to promote their OneDrive. Some day they will try to monetize it.

To back up this drive, just get another one or two.

There are a bunch of services to use for cloud storage. I'd recommend backing up to a local NAS then sending that to a cloud service.