Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian

Nutanix Announces Acropolis File Services (AFS) Web-scale Native File

3 posts in this topic

AFS is available to all Nutanix platforms using a seamless software upgrade, adding that it can be installed and managed from their one-click management solution, Nutanix Prism. AFS is built with a focus on both high availability and scalability and without the issue of performance/capacity bottlenecks. It also leverages all benefits inherent of a Distributed File System (DFS) including intelligent tiering, deduplication, compression, erasure coding and native data protection.

Nutanix Announces Acropolis File Services (AFS) Web-scale Native File Serving Solution

Sorry to be quite late on this topic.  I've read this story and wondered if any development happened since?  Any tips that AFS might resolve or mitigate the performance issues you've had back then?

I ask because I'm the decision maker for IT purchases in our company.  We've been offered a Nutanix solution to modernize our architecture and I meet with a local Nutanix representative Wednesday.  The issues pointed out in your mid 2015 story, while not detailed, are worrying.  The upgrade proposal will be in the six figures, so I'm quite concerned about committing such a large amount to a system with no independant testing result, having to rely solely on the good words of a salesman.

If this isn't posted at the appropriated place, I appologize.  Any input on this topic would be appreciated.

Nutanix isn't very close with us any longer, thus it's hard for us to answer. If you want to start a new thread though with your needs and what you're looking to accomplish, I'm sure you'd get quite a bit of good feedback.