Adam_a

QNAP TVS-1271U-RP 12-Bay NAS Review Discussion

One of biggest assets of the QNAP TVS-1271U-RP is its ability to scale as businesses grow combined with ease of use. With a massive storage pool of to 1,120TB in raw capacity via multiple QNAP RAID expansion enclosures, the TVS-1271U-RP is able to satisfy almost any needs. On the hardware side, TVS-1271U-RP is able to leverage SATA 6Gbps drives, which provides a good combination of deployment options with affordable storage media. QNAP ships the TVS-1271U-RP with an Intel Haswell processor, which is available in Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 options. Coupling all of this with the integrated QTS management interface allows the TVS-1271U-RP NAS boast a mountain of flexibility and thus ideal for a wide variety of applications.

QNAP TVS-1271U-RP 12-Bay NAS Review

I don't see anywhere which hardware options you had for the test. Did the tested unit have the mSATA drive cache or not? Is it the Pentium, the i3, the i5 or the i7 model? How much RAM was installed?

Those matters as they should significantly affect the results.

Same complain regarding the TVS-871 review.

Maybe you've stated somewhere that you always use the highest-end model of a series, or the entry-level, but to some casual visitor, there's no way to know this if it isn't mentionned in the review itself.

On 2015/11/19 at 2:39 AM, Adam_a said:

One of biggest assets of the QNAP TVS-1271U-RP is its ability to scale as businesses grow combined with ease of use. With a massive storage pool of to 1,120TB in raw capacity via multiple QNAP RAID expansion enclosures, the TVS-1271U-RP is able to satisfy almost any needs. On the hardware side, TVS-1271U-RP is able to leverage SATA 6Gbps drives, which provides a good combination of deployment options with affordable storage media. QNAP ships the TVS-1271U-RP with an Intel Haswell processor, which is available in Pentium, Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7 options. Coupling all of this with the integrated QTS management interface allows the TVS-1271U-RP NAS boast a mountain of flexibility and thus ideal for a wide variety of applications.

QNAP TVS-1271U-RP 12-Bay NAS Review

Hello

Can you provide the detailed configuration about Benchmark Factory?

Is that each VM running with below settings?

Scale : 3,000

User Loads : 15,000

We use the standard TPC-C profile, chop the latency by 1/4. On these workloads its 1,500 scale to 15,000 VU per VM.

On 2016/8/26 at 2:10 AM, Kevin OBrien said:

We use the standard TPC-C profile, chop the latency by 1/4. On these workloads its 1,500 scale to 15,000 VU per VM.

May I know the resource settings of VM, such like vCPU, vRAM?