Sign in to follow this  
chilsta

2 plug, 80 conductor, rolled IDE cables available?

Hi,

I have a system with a 4 drive RAID, running on a 3ware card with 4 sockets, and a CD player on one of my MoBo's IDE sockets, a burner on the other, all drives are running as masters so I don't need any slave sockets on any of my cables.

I'm looking for some rolled cables, without slave plugs, preferably braided at 45cm or less. Do such things exist :?:

Chill

Do you mean rounded cables (flat cable slit into sections, then braided/bundled together) or do you mean plain cable stock in a roll so you can make your own IDE cables to whatever length you want?

If the former, they are pretty easy to find at computer shops now. In a pinch, you can make them yourself, just be careful not to nick the wires. If the latter, I'm not sure where to get raw stock; I know we make our own at work so it's available, but I have no idea where the person in charge orders the material.

Sorry, yes, that should have been rounded, not rolled. :)

I can find braided rounded cables easy enough, like the ones 1/4 of the way down this page, but am interested to know if they exist without the slave plug and would ideally like 4 cables at around 30cm for the RAID and 45cm for the CDs.

The ones on the page above will do, but I'm wondering if there is an option to better suit my needs. I am trying to avoid as much unnecessary clutter in my case as poss.