andersr

MegaRaid WebBios problem on LSI 9265-8i

I have a LSI 9565-8i card where i run four SSD's in raid 0. I'v had the card for a few years and originally had a problem with not being able to set the stripe size i wanted, the webbios simply reverted to 256kb no matter what i did.

I have lived with 256kb and the performance penalty it gives for the things i do, but i have now upgraded to Windows 10 and decided to fix the problem.

I have upgraded the firmware to 23.33.0-0023 thinking this would solve the problem but the webbios still changes back to 256 in stripe size when i chose to save a new setup. The webbios is version 6.1-73-00 and i dont think it was updated with the firmware of the card.

My questions are:

- Can i upgrade the webbios, if so how - i cannot find a dedicated download for this at Avagotech.com (Which now owns LSI)

- Has anyone else experienced the same, and if to how did you fix it?

Thanks

Anders

Because i assumed thats what you use for configuring the array, but now that you ask it dawns on me that there is preboot cli also at boot up, is that a console alternative to the webbios?

I'm just a home user so using a gui was the easiest way for me to setup the array.

What OS are you using? Have you tried the utility through the OS vs the pre-boot menu area?

Because i assumed thats what you use for configuring the array, but now that you ask it dawns on me that there is preboot cli also at boot up, is that a console alternative to the webbios?

I'm just a home user so using a gui was the easiest way for me to setup the array.

Can't find anything about a 9265-8i but the 9260-8i and 9261-8i's etc. I've used all have a pre-boot GUI. But for most operations I use the OS tools - MegaCLI (Linux) or MegaRAID Storage Manager (Windows). Never actually heard of WebBIOS myself.

Plus doesn't need mentioning monitoring arrays requires use of OS tools anyway.

Thanks for the replies.

Kevin > I am running Windows 10, but afaik you cannot change the stripe size after you have initialized the array?

qasdfdsaq > For some reason there are no support or downloads for the 9265 after Avagotech has taken over LSI, there were on LSI.com before. Perhaps the pre-boot gui is the same as the webbios? In any case, as i just wrote to Kevin i don't think you can change the stripe size after having initialized the array, and since i'm running on one big array i need to initialize before installing the OS.

I know this thread is dated at this point, but for future reference, it appears that the LSI 9265 is the same as the 9266 just with different SFF-8087 port placement.

Edited by Axl