Adam_a

Dell Delivers HPC To All With New PowerEdge C-Series

The C6320 offers a considerable improvement in performance over the last generation. On the LinPack spec, the C6320 provides up to two times the performance improvement. The SPECint_rate benchmark showed up to 45% improvement and the Spec_Power benchmark (measuring power efficiency) showed a 28% improvement. These performance and power efficiency improvements enable customers to optimize their applications and productivity with a smaller footprint.

Dell Delivers HPC To All With New PowerEdge C-Series

Eh, looks like they've just updated the C6220 with last year's FX2 platform. We just got a bunch of FX2 nodes put in, seems to be practically identical sans the storage bays (and rear-loading).

I do wonder if they couldn't have pushed just one extra gigaflop out of it to make that 999Gflops marketable as 1 Teraflop...

Still in the provisioning stage at the moment, so I can't really say. They're compute nodes for the new private cloud we're implementing. Already had some delays thanks to the PowerVault array that came with it dying... twice. Our "other" cluster runs on C6220 I and II's, so this is our first foray into the FX range.

OpenStack of course :)

If only for the fun of trying to convince a security-paranoid Microsoft-centric corporation that software with "Open" in the name is not a bad thing